seveneleven was founded in 2013 with the aim to produce theatrical performances. In 2018 it shifted its focus and its primary goal became the improvement of the social and intellectual condition of people living with dementia.

This shift was instigated by the implementation of the “thāllo®” program; an exemplary program, with a holistic approach, for the communication, recreation and support of people with dementia and their caregivers. The program’s aim is to foster the development of relationships of trust and extroversion, provide information on issues relevant to dementia and help to gradually eradicate the stigma that is associated with it. Nowadays, “thāllo®” addresses the daily needs of people with dementia and their caregivers, through innovative actions that include a broad range of services, such as support hotline, games, digital applications, art activities, publications, and a webradio station.

Support for the “Information and Support Helpline” for patients with cognitive disorders

The grant pertains to the support, over a 12-month period, of the “Information and Support Helpline” for patients with cognitive disorders and their families/caregivers. The purpose of the Helpline is to provide integrated care and support to patients with cognitive disorders and their families, while following internationally-established guidelines and European practices. At present, it is the only dementia support helpline that: a) offers free support, throughout the course of the patient’s condition, through systematic communication with the caregivers, b) provides weekly remote individual recreational sessions to people with dementia, and c) has no time limit on the first call.

The grant, besides covering the existing Helpline operation, it will also cover additional services not previously offered, such as the implementation of online support meetings for caregivers to provide reprieve and guidance on issues that concern them; the provision of an online cognitive evaluation tool for caregivers; collaborations with organizations targeting specific vulnerable groups in order to support their members; as well as the supplementation of the support team with an additional psychologist to manage the increased number of callers. Beneficiaries during the course of the grant are estimated at 4,000, of which 10% will be patients with dementia, and the remaining 90% their caregivers/families.